Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Re: Celestial AI: Developing Audacious AI Computing Platforms

I took a listen to this interview (with David Lazovsky) tonight. In light of CAI's acquisition of Rockley's patents, I think DL's explanation of CAI's "collaborative engagement model" might be relevant. He talks about how CAI has the benefit of working with four main customers (the hyperscalers) which means they can tailor solutions to each company's specific needs. Much harder to do this when serving dozens/hundreds of companies. 

Perhaps DL saw Rockley's patents as a good opportunity to expand the amount of solutions CAI can offer. I doubt DL is trying to leave POET out of the loop. I follow another company (guess which one based upon my avatar), and they have done some strategic acquistions in the past few years with great success. Rockley's patents being available is most likely a case of right place, right time, so why not buy them at a presumably good discount. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply