Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Link to Fact Sheet (https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2024/10/24/fact-sheet-biden-harris-administration-outlines-coordinated-approach-to-harness-power-of-ai-for-u-s-national-security/)

I believe this is relevant to POET because you can't have AI without the massive data centers that we all hope will contain POET products in the future. The Federal government is acknowleding that AI will far-reaching impacts on society. 

One intersesting tidbit: 

• Developing advanced AI systems requires large volumes of advanced chips. President Biden led the way when he signed the CHIPS Act, which made major investments in our capacity to manufacture leading-edge semiconductors. The NSM directs actions to improve the security and diversity of chip supply chains, and to ensure that, as the United States supports the development of the next generation of government supercomputers and other emerging technology, we do so with AI in mind.

The China+1 strategy of POET will be vitally important. While the above is probably mostly in reference to TSMC and their NVDA chips, I think photonics will also end up being a vitally important aspect of AI as well (I've learned a few things from this board!) I hope we soon hear more about Suresh's plan for China+1. 

Have a great weekend! 

New Message
Please login to post a reply