Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

When Afghanistan was taken over by the Taliban, perhaps there were those in that country that welcomed it, since now their version of religion was being strictly enforced.  After some time had passed, an unusual thing began to occur.  Taliban 'officials' would arrive in a neighborhood with trucks, and then proceed to seize valuable items such as televisions and then leave.  No-one dared to resist, because this was now the government and a very feared one.  

A Taliban leader was challenged as to how the Taliban could have become so corrupt and abusive, when stealing is so obviously banned by their religion.  I'll never forget his reply.   Especially since you'd think such a strict and feared group couldn't prevent it.  He said, "It is not the Taliban who became thieves, but thieves became the Taliban."

I think it is all too probable for people from all strata of society who lack morals and are daring to be attracted to wherever power exists, to take action to put themselves in that position, and the more power that exists in a government, the more it will attract them.  Under the color of law such persons, equipped with great power, become so dangerous to society and are not easily removed.   I mean, if the Taliban were finding it difficult....  I rather regret the emergency powers that are being so freely used around the world for the pandemic.  It always starts out as being temporary, but then somehow .... two years later.... they still can't end it.  I hope this ends well for all our sakes,  I do.   

New Message
Please login to post a reply