Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Dec 22, 2022 08:57AM

Pockets, LWLG market cap is 4 times POET and that Seeking Alpha  article I think was pretty balanced and clear re LWLG still a  long way from any certainty that it will be commercialized. At least that is the way I read it. 

POET is building products on their JV line and has production redundancy. There really is not a valid comparison between the two in terms of readiness and the ability to add capacity. New product introduction has happened.

There are a lot of very interesting points made by the Seeking Alpha article that frankly I had not even thought of and it is always interesting to try to make some comparisons with POET.

Having to convince a foundry to change process cycle and tie up capacity. POET does not need to do that. The prototypes were built on an autonomous line at wafer scale at the JV. It's a level of commercial readiness that LWLG has not reached and may not reach.

And new advanced applications are being built on equipment at zero cost to POET at the Singapore Hybrid-Integrated Next-Generation Microelectronics (SHINE) Center in the College of Design and Engineering at the National University of Singapore (NUS). 

Has POET had a few hiccups along the way. For sure but they have built a platform technology that is very efficient and low cost that does not require changes to the ecosystem. It compliments the ecosystem and produces a market for device manufacturers such as Lumentum's high capacity DML lasers.

There are a lot of check marks in POET’s readiness that just does not exist with LWLG.

New Message
Please login to post a reply