Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Re: Does the present Tik Tok conundrum have any prognostic value for POET's JV connection?

The U.K. apparently has some misgivings about U.K. companies operating in China in reference to the amount of influence and/or control of those companies that might potentially occur in that situation.

An article in The Telegraph, republished by MSN, to wit:

Vodafone warned of ‘profound national security questions’ over merger with Chinese-owned Three (msn.com)

Of course, POET Technologies is not a U.K. company, but the fact that the U.K. government is concerned about possible security issues in this particular circumstance is, at the very least, worth a circuspect glance by anyone invested in a JV operating in China.

If, in fact, there are "profound national security questions" for Vodafone then will someone someday make the same charge against POET's JV?

I have no idea if Canada has legislation on the books similar to The National Security and Investment Act of 2021 in force in the U.K., much less whether the Canadian government would interpret such legislation from a strict constructionist viewpoint or only very loosely.

Again, my concern is that POET might lessen its risk status related to unforseen future geopolitcal viscissitudes if it had a manufacturing center here in North America to counterbalance the present geographic distribution of such facilities that has so much riding on the success of Super Photonics Xiamen.  

That being said, I am still intrigued by all the positive aspects of POET Technologies that were so elequently stated by yesterday's (31 March 2023) post by nodrog16 on the Discussion Forum of Agoracom's POET Technologies Hub. 

I was extremely impressed by his capsulized list of POET achievements.  An uplifting post to say the least!

Thank you, nodrog16 

Okiedo

New Message
Please login to post a reply