TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free
Nov 04, 2007 03:08PM

Hi Flatlander!

I was looking at that map this weekend and it sure looks impressive.  I have not seen anything like this before on a similar scale.  Major fault structures have been mapped across entire districts like the Cadillac Break where numerous high grade deposits were uncovered.  I have a map in my office of southwest Chihuahua State in Mexico, that looks similar to the Hercules map, except that it is an area of more than 100 square kilometers.  To see the extent of the structural zones at Hercules is therefore impressive.

The Golden Mile zone is already much larger than most gold bearing vein systems, and now it has been roughly doubled in strike length.  The additional veins identified by geophiz just add icing on the cake. The NR suggests that at least a few of those veins outlined on it are mineralized, so the upside will be even greater.  But I keep my enthusiasm in check because most of the time geophysical anomalies turn out to be non-mineralized.  For example, we have some extremely interesting targets at Caribou that have so far failed to yield an economic discovery.  That does not mean there is nothing there, it just means that the bright colours generated by a geophiz program are not an instant ticket to resource riches.  The second issue is that some of those structures may be post-mineralized faults, ie. they occurred after the episode that introduced the gold into the system and are thus not mineralized.

The most attractive outlook from the news is that this laddering they have observed may be the best targets to find the higher grade zones across significant widths.  Where the major sheer structures intersect with with other veins could be prime target areas if they continue to depth.  I know in Red Lake for example, some of the higher grade discovery areas were identified at zones where fault systems intersect.  There are many similarities between the Red Lake district and the Geralton-Beardmore camp, so this could be a great lead.  The market liked the news.

cheers!

mike

New Message
Please login to post a reply