TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free

Feasibility factors

Link above discusses factors in gold mine feasibility.  A good question - what g/ton Au makes for a mine?  Unfortunately, the answer is clearly "depends".  Economics, markets, politics, infrastructure etc etc.

I don't have a good source for you, but 0.5 g/ton is fine if you have an easy, cheap open pit - maybe reworking mine tailings - and you're going to heap leach it in some inexpensive locale.

Kodiak would be about hard rock mining because of the steep dip of the veins (even though some cream could be skimmed off the top).  In that case 4 g/ton is a better number, but extremely rough - there is a huge error bar there.

Goldcorp's operation at Red Lake has mined not long ago at over 80g/ton but extraction was listed as 0.5 g/ton last year, although that is underestimating things because of a merger.  Goldcorp’s remaining proven and probable reserves average 22.24 g/ton

Grab samples at the surface are a nice indication, but do not define an ore body.  So far Kodiak looks very good indeed with the surface and some subsurface samples, and accessibility, mgmnt expertise, finance and politics are extremely good.  The size of the project also works in favour of a "go", even if grades were lower.

At this very early stage of exploration - before the ore body has even been defined, and long before a 43-101, investors wouldn't be paying $3 and $4 a share unless they figured that whole thing will add up to a mine.

New Message
Please login to post a reply