TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free
Nov 21, 2007 03:18AM

Nov 21, 2007 03:27AM

Aid...

One has to be careful as the settlement date ,for taxation purposes ,is critical..

Especially on the sell side..The settlement date on the buy side is the actual date of the stock purchace,but the sell settlement is three TRADING days hence..

So the closer you get to the last day for tax loss selling,this year is the 24th Dec...as the 27..28..and 31 Dec are trading days this year..so the last day for tax loss selling is the 24 Dec.'07..

I tend to be religiously vindictive at any stock that I have to tax loss sell..and once out am glad to see the end of it..but your idea is sound on early tax loss selling..

What oft happens after a beaten down stock such as Railpower(P) is sold off, a sweetheart will pick up the pieces and will go on to be successful..which may be the case for Railpower,as Teachers pension fund injected a huge cash injection into it ..

After holding it since day one ..I don't know if I can stomach a company run by rejected Bombardier management  ,that were supposed to save it around the $3.50 share price level and finally when it got down to .25 I pulled the pin..

Any upside from there is good but not for me..same management ..

This is my opinion of Railpower,as a tax loss example ..and having been in it since day one..have had enough..

Nov 21, 2007 05:40AM

Nov 21, 2007 10:22AM

Nov 21, 2007 10:26AM
Nov 21, 2007 01:40PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply