TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free

Re: shorts

in response to by
posted on Nov 22, 2007 08:35PM

I do not think there is anything dishonest about shorting a stock. People who take the risk of shorting are doing thorough research on the fair value of a company and taking advantage of a market that temporarily misprices the value, just the same way that those playing long are buying because they feel a stock is undervalued. I never feel that I have taken advantage of a seller, when I am the buyer. That person wanted out of the stock for whatever reason, and I was willing to put up my money to buy from them at a price that I thought was cheap. Its a fair transaction. The shorter is taking risk too, and providing liquidity in a market by making shares available for sale that someone else obviously thinks is at fair value or there would be no buyers. If someone is short KXL, and has solid reasons why they think the stock is going lower, I want to hear it. I may not agree with the other point of view, but an open discussion should be more than just a group hug. Every stock has some weakness or flaw to be aware of.

What I feel is dishonorable is when someone is shorting a stock, and then shows up on a forum to bash or create fear. I am no fan of reckless pumpers either. Anytime someone posts just a wild prediction with no basis of support is something I can do without. Dont waste my time. SH has become a cesspool of that sort of thing and I no longer post there for that reason.

Everyone has the right to express an opinion, and nobody is right all the time on their decisions. But I would hope that people have the integrity to post honest comments and share their thoughts with the intentions to help other people make better decisions. Those who deliberately seek to misrepresent the facts for their own interests are scumbags that rate on the same scale as pickpockets and purse snatchers. Lets hope Agora stays clear of that sort of thing.

cheers!

mike

New Message
Please login to post a reply