TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free

I was shocked to read on Seeking Alpha (or was it Mish the economist?) that banking profits have jumped from 25% of all corporate profits, 10 years ago, to 50% of all profits. Remember, banks don't actually make anything. They rearrange the paper, and take some of your dinner for doing it.

That really says something to me. Not only is it unsustainable - somebody, somewhere has to actually do, make, build or grow something - it can't all be about rearranging pieces of paper. But it also says something about morality. The US is so insane that even when the president admits one felony after another, nothing happens.

Of course, we are rearranging pieces of paper ourselves, to some extent. An engineer buddy of mine makes fun of the gold mining business. Silliest business in the world, he says. You get all excited about taking something out of the ground, you refine it, and then most of it goes back in the ground (in a vault or someplace where it just sits and sits).

Well, I guess a lot of businesses are like that.

I'm excited anyways.

New Message
Please login to post a reply