TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free

Thanks for the kind words. I actually realized after the fact that my math was wrong. The 11 million shares that Sprott owns is roughly 12.5% of the shares outstanding, not 8% like I said. That's a LARGE chunk of shares IMO. I wish I had that many, or even 1/100th for that matter.

FYI - Sprott bought most of those shares for well under $1 (more like .50-.75c from what I remember). He could have sold them for $5/share (a ~800% profit of about $35-45 million). The fact that he didn't sell should say something wouldn't you think?
It may say nothing at all but in all reality this story is just beginning and its not like KXL is going to stop finding gold. They have already proven an area that could host a few million ounces so how can we go wrong? From my rough estimate; every 1m ounces in the ground should calculate to about a $2.50-3/share increase.
Thats based on the gold in the ground being worth $200-225/oz. Normally a mining company would only pay $100-175 on a buyout but there is going to be a huge premium in our case. Considering the existing infrastructure and the fact that its a mining town to begin with. Hercules may be in contention for one of the cheapest areas in the world to mine.
It would be like buying a pre-made gold mine off the shelf, you'd save hundreds of millions on building roads and a town and finding geo and miners etc. That premium should pretty much go into our pockets. Thats just a theory though, I could be missing some important variables.

One more thing while I'm rambling, you know what's ironic to me? If KXL had pulled up 2.9m of 5.92 oz/t Au in November everyone would have flipped out and the stock would have jumped $1-2 over night. But since they had been finding such insane grab samples and other cores with even higher grades; everyone set the bar too high and the price plummeted with those same great results (the rocky markets didn't help either).

In essence everyone set themselves up for disappointment (including me a little, I'll admit). It seemed like Kodiak needed to find 10-20 metres of 15 oz/t before the stock could climb higherThats fine though because the price was getting a little steep for the time but I think the phase we're at right now is called the "reality check". Exactly as Coach predicted - as much as I didn't want to believe him at the time, the chart needed a temporary pullback to climb higher. (btw Coach I only ribbed you about that statement because I thought KXLdeserved to let the good times roll after so much hardship and you seemed to be raining on the long awaited parade. It wasn't personal to you).

Once everyone gets their head out of the clouds they'll realize this project is still unbelievable and we'll climb back to the previous highs or higher. Knowing that proving several million ounces is a matter "when", not "if". JMHO.

GLTA.
Gamblor.

New Message
Please login to post a reply