TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free

no halt necessary

posted on Feb 26, 2008 01:38PM

I see many people posting that KXL must halt trading before issuing any news.  I think that would be counterproductive at this point.  Even if KXL does report some new extremely high grade assays in the next few days, the company is already on record during several occasions of reporting the same thing, so it no longer represents a material disclosure.  In fact its a pretty good example of why I am bullish on KXL, for the simple fact that high grade news is just par for the course from this company now.

With that in mind, I think Thursday is when we will get news, or possibly Friday, if there is something coming.  That way, they do not have to halt the stock, and they will still be able to talk about the news in time for the Sunday of the PDAC, which is when most of the retail shareholders will be on hand.

Again, I do not know that any news is coming, but I certainly expect something. This is the biggest mining show in the world, and gold and silver are both establishing new highs for the bull market.  Now would be the most optimum time for the company to find something important to talk about.

I am not discouraged that KXL came back to retrace a bit today.  The stock is still trading nicely above $3 and continues to consolidate after a nasty 50% correction over a short period of time.  A handfull of people are posting that the sky is falling, and good luck to them.  KXL is going to be around for a long time.  The company is working on one of the largest exploration drilling programs in all of Canada this year, yet they are still spending just a fraction of the money they raised.  So we can look forward to activity from KXL for a long, long time to come.  PDAC or not, they will have news to report on a regular basis, and if the news is good and a large new deposit area is outlined, then $3 is a distant memory very quickly.

Case in point?  Gold Eagle Mines is now trading with a market cap above $800 million for the gold deposit they are advancing.  It makes KXL look absolutely cheap!

cheers!

mike

New Message
Please login to post a reply