TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free

Agree, this also affects Canadian companies abroad. Inco's Goro project in New Caledonia was vandalized last year at a cost of several millions. I am not sure about the details but I think the people involved were people from the region that have not had any benefits from Inco's involvement up to that point. As a company you can not please everyone and there are always someone not too happy.  Remember there are anti-development groups that try to stop anything and everything, and will go to any length to stir up problems. Personally I think it is important that projects are to some degree co-owned by the local government. In this way you buy some protection since it  is in the governments interest that you are successful. Bema's(now Kinross) projects in eastern Russia are good examples.

Being in Canada, by default we are partly owned by the government since companies and employees are paying taxes(same Mafia idea)

New Message
Please login to post a reply