TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free

Some trading patterns of other winners

posted on Jul 16, 2008 07:15PM

Just to follow up on my comments earlier, I wanted to point out a few other jrs that I have held for a long time and how they behaved. If you pull up a long term chart for companies like T.MAG, T.CS, V.IPT, and T.DML, you will see that the each went through times when they were getting ahead of themselves and then went through sharp corrections. MAG was a venture company before the TSX listing, CS was once trading as CSG, and DML was once IUC. So you may have to pull up other charts to see the full history.

The point is, at each and every point where selloffs occurred, and I have owned all of the above for many years, there were people who threw in their hands and left the story. There were idiot bashers trying to scare people out of the stocks. There were doubts about the quality of the results, long term potential, etc. It would have been easy to quit on these huge winners, and many people did.

My only regret is that I did not buy more of them. And one could argue that each of them, including KXL for that matter, are still early in the growth curve.

I do not want to stray too far into a pep talk. Everyone has limits on what they can tolerate and we must stay within those limits or teh stress builds. I just wanted to make it obvious that what is happening today is not unique and every successful company still goes through prolonged selloffs that will test your commitment.

cheers!

mike

New Message
Please login to post a reply