TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free
Message: Richard Russell, editor and publisher of the Dow Theory letters commented ...

Richard Russell, editor and publisher of the Dow Theory letters commented ...

posted on Oct 03, 2008 10:24AM

I found the following quote insightful (as ironic as that sounds, relative to the quote!) and as I relate it to my long term hold of KXL.

(Found on goldprice.org)

Richard Russell, editor and publisher of the Dow Theory letters commented in a recent post on his website:

"Quotes are great if you own stock in a public company in a big bull market. But the great majority of amateur investors make more money holding their homes over the years than they ever make in the stock market. And the reason is that if they own a home over the years, and that home is sensibly financed, they aren’t scared out their home by those damnable quotes during bear markets.

Holders of gold might mull over the same concept. Sure gold is quoted every hour of the day around the world. Long-term holders of gold might do well to ignore the quotes. If gold doubles in price, so what? -- are you going to swap your gold for paper? If gold drops by a third, so what? – are you going to dump your gold for paper?

Why not just relax and hold your gold? Hold your gold – why? The reason is that gold is the only true money, it's the only money that remains wealth no matter what happens in the world. Gold is wealth during the biggest boom and gold remains wealth during the worst depression. So why dwell on the daily dollar price, even though gold is quoted everywhere every hour of the day? Forget the bloody quotes, just accumulate gold. It's a good thing to have in today's unstable world."

New Message
Please login to post a reply