TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free

Hi Coach,

Not really sure about your discussion on currencies and inflation. Yes, most currencies buy less goods than ten years ago, but is that a bad thing? If you could gain wealth (buying power) by stuffing your cash in a coffee can, it wouldn't put many people to work. Sure, nobody like paying more for what they buy, but don't we all like inflation in certain areas? Anyone here not want some inflation in their wages/salaries? I liked the inflation in grain prices over the last 14 months, I wish cattle weren't flat over the last 25 years. I think we all are cheering for hyperinflation in KXL stock price! Increased wages and commodity prices have to come from somewhere, and that is inflation. I don't think inflation is exactly out of control, and for every thing you can find that has gone up dramatically, I think we could find one that has gone the other way or stayed flat. Computers and telecomunications come to mind.

I know we KXL'ers will all theoretically profit from a higher POG, but I gotta say I just don't get those who wish to go to a gold standard. To me it is like fighting climate change by going back to horse and buggies! I don't believe there is an economy on a gold standard anywhere. The reason is it is too cumbersome. it also puts tremendous value on a single commodity that doesnt have a great worth as far as making goods or feeding people.

Well, I am off to feed my deflationary cattle. I will be putting tires on the pickup today, keeping the local economy humming as the mechanic does not want an his wages to go deflationary. Will check back here on my cheap computer (which couldn't be bought at any price 10 years ago) when I can. For what it's worth, without a fresh NR to knock around, I think POG and other economic topics are "on topic", off topic is for other stocks, jokes, presidential coronation speeches and the like IMO.

cheers! Look forward to knocking these topics around in Vegas some day!

New Message
Please login to post a reply