TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free

Investments for next year

posted on Dec 29, 2008 10:31AM

Strategy for the new year

I still hold a significant amount of KXL in my RRSP and will hold them together with Northern Abitibi Mining and Osisko Mining Corp as my 'speculative' gold juniors. Expect 50% or more from these stocks. Also have some small junior Nickel and copper plays.

I will still hold my major gold producers since they have been doing great the last 3 months, and I think also forward. I will maintain them as my largest holdings since I see very little downside to gold bullion.

Will continue to hold Cameco since purchased in October. The SP has been doing well in spite of lots of issues(drop in oil price, water floodings, pollution and HF supply issues at Port Hope site) so I think it has more upside than downside from here on.

Lost some money of Agrium purchased in October, so I am considering selling and looking for another stock to buy. The drop in oil price should help curtail operating costs but hard to see large increase in earnings.

I would like to have feedback related to long-shot stocks such as Northern Dynasty(Cu-Mo-Au in Alaska with Pebbel deposit), Baffinland Iron ore mining(BIM) in Baffin island and Noronto(Cr-Ni in northern Ontario). I don't know if it is too early since all these are many years away and billions in infrastructure costs.

Or is it time to get into some oil plays? Any comments would be great. Happy investing, expecting Vegas trip this coming year, no more excuses!

New Message
Please login to post a reply