TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free

Jayview, don't confuse a current market cap with "buy-out" value. an inferred resource, no matter how large, is less valuable than an indicated resource or a measured resource. all of these still are worth much less than a proven reserve which is backed by a bankable feasibility study.

Kinross bought Aurelian's 13.7 million oz of gold for 1.2 billion (about $87.60 an ounce). Plus they have silver as well.

in 1996 Barrick paid the highest ever price per ounce when they bought Arequipa for roughly $150 per ounce. This turned into the pierina mine which is now near it's end of life. They did this very early on in the exploration and were able to add a few million oz to the final number and were able to bring the deposit to production relatively quickly.

What a producer is willing to pay for a deposit depend on many factors ... location, infrastructure, etc. KXL is in mining friendly Ontario so that would add a premium to any price but my guess is that the current share price is reasonable for a 1-1.5 million oz resource count .... indicated and or inferred

I would actually be surprised to see any gold producer pay $200 per ounce for any project, most go for less than $100 regardless of the price of gold. Remember a mine will last for several years, even a decade or 2. A miner cannot be certain that the POG will remain at current or higher levels for the entire mine life.

IMO the POG only becomes a factor as deposits move past the pre-feasibility stage and then the feasibility stage.

Time wil tell and it will take a lot of time. Gold eagle first discovered their "sginificant"gold zone in the bruc channel in redlake ... it took 3 years before they were bought by Goldcorp.

KXL has yet to supply a resource estimate of any kind ... (6-8 months away IMO) and they have yet to discover significant gold at depth which is where everyone seems to think it is (including me).... if you're prpared to wait3 years, the pay off could be huge.

Some people might rather be watching paint dry. The richardson's have lot's of time and money to wait. Most of us workig folks cn't afford to tie up larg amounts of cash for long periods of time. I would guess there are many who expect a return to $5 soon .... in the life span of a junior, the discovery has been made ...

... Now it's time to hurry up and wait.

New Message
Please login to post a reply