TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free

From: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mineral_resource_classification

I would think that Kodiak will go for "Mineral resources" in their upcoming report.

Mineral resources

Mineral resources are those economic mineral concentrations that have undergone enough scrutiny to quantify their contained metal to a certain degree. None of these resources are ore, because the economics of the mineral deposit may not have been fully evaluated.

Indicated resources are simply economic mineral occurrences that have been sampled (usually by drilling) to a point where an estimate of their contained metal and grade has been made. Generally this is very approximate and subject to sampling errors and other uncertainties.

Measured resources are indicated resources that have undergone enough further sampling that a 'competent person' (defined by the norms of the relevant mining code; usually a geologist) has declared them to be an acceptable estimate of the grade, tonnage and occurrence of the mineral occurrence.

Resources may also be portions of a mineral occurrence that are attached to reserves, but:

• Not sufficiently drilled out to qualify for Reserve status
  • Too deep to economically extract
  • Too deep to technically extract
  • Too low grade to economically or technically extract
  • Contaminated or refractory in nature
  • Have yet to meet all criteria for Reserve status

Mineral reserves

Mineral reserves are resources known to be economically feasible for extraction. Reserves are either 'Probable Reserves or Proven Reserves, in a similar manner to resources, above. Generally the conversion of resources into reserves requires:

• Knowledge of the geology of the deposit sufficient that it is predictable and verifiable
  • Consideration of metallurgy, including extraction and mine plans based on ore models
  • Quantification of geotechnical risk—basically, managing the geological faults, joints, and ground fractures so the mine does not collapse
  • Consideration of technical riskk—essentially, statistical and variography to ensure the ore is sampled properly
  • Scrutiny of assay data to ensure accuracy of the information supplied by the laboratory—required because ore reserves are bankable. Essentially, once a deposit is elevated to reserve status, it is an economic entity and an asset upon which loans and equity can be drawn—generally to pay for its extraction at (hopefully) a profit.
New Message
Please login to post a reply