TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free

Portee,

By sharks circling, I don't mean in a good way, where they are fighting over who gets to swim with a company that has proved up a boatload of good stuff, but in a bad way, as in fighting over the good pieces of a mortally wounded company with no cash reserves, a sp so low that raising money to keep going by dilution would further degrade the sp, and no way to fend off the sharks. I'm not saying that's going to happen, but it is a possibility. There is certainly value in KXL's properties, but if they can't prove them up they may end up having to get whatever they can for some of them just to keep going. The cash reserves won't keep them going forever. Not bashing, just trying to consider the possibilities. I'd much prefer hitting the motherlode, or proving up a reserve significant enough to bring in a moneybags partner. But in my opinion that needs to be done before they use up the present reserves and have to raise cash again.

As to the ongoing discussion of share price and management, the ultimate test of whether management (who are employed by the shareholders who own the company) succeed is whether the shareholders make money, through either dividends or an increasing share price. It's that simple. I fully realize that this is a spec play, that the sp will move with the sector, that success shouldn't be judged by day to day moves, etc., so I'm willing to wait and see how things play out. But at some point, KXL has to produce something that will move the sp. Maybe it's just bad luck that the drill results haven't yielded what we hoped for yet, because the management is by all accounts topnotch. Still, it's hard to hold on so long while other companies are moving ahead.

As to holding out on the good stuff- You never asked. I do have nice interesting stuff, since I had a habit of picking up a bottle of something or other whenever I traveled. Can't do that as easily now though with the travel restrictions on liquids. I don't drink much hard stuff (mostly home brewed beer), so it just sits in my pantry. Stuff like cachaca, Glenmorangie, Bushmill's, grappa, Oude Jenever, even some Mekong brandy.

spiny

New Message
Please login to post a reply