TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free

Resource estimate

posted on Feb 28, 2010 01:07PM

I'm hoping the estimate is released this week for a number of reasons. It will be an important milestone and add some intrinsic value to the share price. My guesstimate was 550,000 oz equally split between indicated and inferred, which gives me a share valuation of $ 0.44. That's about where we're trading right now with nothing added for upside potential. I would be disappointed if no resource estimate is released prior to the PDAC, if the number is < 500,000 oz , or if the percentage of inferred is > 60 %. Until we have a solid resource estimate then I don't think we're in play with the gold price and not of interest to some investment houses. The price of gold and where it's headed has drawn intense interest lately. I've read a number of arguments for and against a rising price but I think the direction will be more clearly established when the IMF disposes of the 191.3 tonnes of gold. If India or even moreso China grabs the whole lot then I believe that would confirm the rumours of a significant shortage of physical gold supply on the COMEX and LBMA sites. We will need that resource estimate if we want to graduate from spectator to player. Just some thoughts before the upcoming PDAC and what I hope will be a big week for press releases from Kodiak.

New Message
Please login to post a reply