TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free

Emirates Business article - gold accumulation

posted on Mar 01, 2010 05:05PM

Emirates Business article interesting - key sentence for me is -

"China has a little over one per cent of its reserves in gold now and plans to raise it to 15 per cent."

True, they will do that largely from their own production, but that also means their own production (largest in world) doesn't come onto the markets. I do believe Comex gold as well as UK and US reserves are multiple-counted and not credible if anyone were to ask for real delivery.

News Releases - how will KXL issue these? I hope e.g. starting Wednesday, do three or four in a row Weds Thurs Fri Monday. If they're all tossed off late on Friday afternoon I will be howling, let's leave it at that. I'll have some faith that we'll have something of great interest to read.

I am only counting on inferred ounces for the 43-101 as that's all they promised, and I'm only counting on 300-400k oz. That's the way it's done - start with the core, and add as you go along. They have lots of lone holes that they can easily pair up with more drilling to add to the 43-101. If there's more ounces, and if there's gold in other classes, then great.

Other projects - I'm not counting on blockbusters, I just want to see building - new WG zones, more Milestone building, hopefully something that builds on West Millenium, etc.

I like a steady pace of NRs, and more than anything else I like them to be carefully timed (i.e. not Friday afternoon!) and interlocking with each other - each one conscious of how the market reads it in context with all the others, and how the current crop will introduce, prep the ground for, more NRs for e.g. later in March, in April, in May. Not fireworks, instead the steady rise of a major edifice, foundations, concrete pillars and slabs, elevator shaft up ...

We can cruise along at a steady price for many months with even a modest stream of NRs, and I'd prefer to "cruise" at $2.45 rather than 45 cents ...

I have a positive attitude and will see how it all comes out. Some key KXL people were part of the Olympics (kudos to their volunteerism) - and hey! Canada got 14 golds and one of the most exciting hockey games ever - here I was at 03:55 remaining in the third period thinking okay, that's it, Canada has is in the bag, and then ...! I am figuring that maybe that Olympic momentum transfers over and it's only fitting that Kodiak comes home with the gold, even though we've had to go into overtime too ...

New Message
Please login to post a reply