TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free

TAU's ounce estimation method(for Golden Mile):

1) you print out 2 copies of the page(from their old presentation, couldn't find it today) showing the grams per meter in colour codes versus strike and depth; make sure the scale bar is on the copy

2) from one page you cut out(use scissors) a fixed area(possibly 100 by 100 meter) based on what the scale bar is

3) you weigh that piece of paper and you will get weigth of your paper per unit area (grams per 10,000 m2 using the 100 by 100 m scale). This gives you the specific weight of your paper realtive to an area of your interest(grams per square meter)

4) you take your copy of the old Power Point slide and cut out all areas which show more than your cut-off grade(let us say that is 3 grams per tonne or roughly 9-10 grams per meter). For more details you can cut out separately the various coloured areas with the various specific gold concentrations.

5) then you weigh out all those various pieces of paper and using your reference found in part 3, you can calculate the area of each of the various gold concentrations regions

6) for Golden Mile I used 1 meter thickness since I found that to be roughly the average and it makes the math even easier

7) the volumes of the various cut out gold concentration regions are now just the areas found in part 5; if thicknesses were different just multiply that with part 5

8) using a density of 2.7 tonne/cubic meter you find the tonnage and with the concentrations(g/tonne) you get the total gold tonnage in the area

9) Tools needed: copy paper, scissor and a scale that can measure down to 0.01 grams, 0.001 even better; a calculator and a pen

I did this about a year ago and got a number of about 50,000 ounces.

Disclaimer: There is no guarantee that you will get a good esimate so seek a kinder garten teacher for training using a scissor; an arts teacher to identity and cut out colours; a math teacher(grade 9) for the math; and a good bottle of your favorite to digest the results; seeking a good financial advisor is also advised so don't blame me if you go banans trying to follow my instructions.

Note that I am not a mining engineer; just half a scientist and half an engineer: By the way do you guys know the difference between a scientist and an engieer; a scientist knows everything about nothing while an engineer knows nothing about everything. Since I am half of each I was told I know nothing of nothing!

Gang, so enjoy your weekend.

New Message
Please login to post a reply