TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free

Re: trends in exploration - high to low

in response to by
posted on Apr 21, 2010 07:05PM

I think that with all the various technologies used these days it seems to me that in many cases a company tend to find the best stuff first, giving great hopes. In the old days with manual labour, some people would find some ok mineralization, then dig further and possibly find the big hit. The opposite seems to happen fairly frequently these days, certainly with Kodiak but also with many others.

Another thing with Kodiak is that at times the grades have been very high, roughly half the ounces dissapeared when limiting the grade to 2 ounces/tonne(normally the limit is set to half that). This mean there is a lot of variability in the mineralization and it also means that it is nearly impossible to try to reproduce the various holes, this partly also because it is impossible to hit exactly the same location twice.

It is IMO a near statistically impossible task to try to proove exact grades and tonnages without digging the whole thing up. Even then nothing could be prooven since the people that made the various estimates had just individual holes to base the evaluation on.

New Message
Please login to post a reply