TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free
Message: NR - nothing exciting: Prodigy Appoints Fred Mason Vice President - Operations

Vancouver, British Columbia, July 18, 2011 – Prodigy Gold Incorporated (PDG: TSX.V) is pleased to announce that Mr. Fred Mason has been appointed Vice President - Operations for Prodigy Gold. Mr. Mason has an extensive career as a mining engineer: Senior Vice President and Director of Mining for P T Freeport Indonesia (Freeport McMoRan) at Grasberg, Vice President and General Project Manager for Kinross Gold Corp. at the Refugio gold mine in Chile, General Project Manager for Barrick Gold Corp. at the Pasqua project, Chile and Area Manager for Southern Peru Copper Company in Peru. Mr. Mason's broad experience in constructing and operating complex open pit and underground mining operations makes him a significant addition to the Prodigy management team and he will direct the company's Feasibility program and future development of the Magino mine gold project.
Mr. Brian J. Maher, President and CEO of Prodigy Gold Inc. commented "Everyone here at Prodigy warmly welcomes Fred to the company and we look forward to his leadership and expertise as we rapidly advance the Magino mine project through the feasibility process. Fred's experience in building and operating gold mines will enhance our efforts to bring the Magino mine towards production and provide vital oversight to all phases of the development process".
As part of Mr. Mason's compensation package, the company has granted Mr. Mason options to purchase up to 1,000,000 shares of Prodigy Gold Inc. common stock at a price of $0.59 per share over a period of five years.

New Message
Please login to post a reply