TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free
Message: Re: Likely just as well that we are off the Radar for the moment.

It's not just PDG that has fallen off the radar. I've plotted the S&P TSX global gold index( blue) against gold futures prices( COMEX) for the past year. I copied this chart from the TMX site and it only allows % change on the right axis.

The gold price has clearly trended upwards but the basket of gold stocks that make up this index has disconnected from the trend starting about May of this year. Note that PDG has been in it's latest downward trend starting at about that time as well. This may well be the reason that commentators have been saying gold mining stocks are such a great bargain but I'd like to know the reasons behind the divergence. The analysts that follow the COT reports like Arensberg are very nervous about the gold price action next week and fear the commercials will trigger a price drop once a US ceiling hike deal is reached. All of this is beyond PDG's control so they should just focus on releasing assay results and give us regular reports on the resource and PEA update timelines. I'm getting nervous on the lack of drill results because there's rarely a good reason for a delay but plenty of bad ones.

New Message
Please login to post a reply