TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free

This whole area has gold on it.that is why the drilling is necessary..

Sterilization (or condemnation) drilling tests areas of a mine site to be sure there are no valuable minerals there, so that buildings, roads, power lines, pipelines, waste piles, tailings disposal areas, etc. can be built on the areas that have been sterilized or condemned. Every mine site has at least one mineral deposit and infrastructure, and you need to be sure they don't conflict with each other.

It would be a huge and expensive mistake to build a $50 million mill facility only to find out there's a valuable mineral deposit underneath!

An interesting story on this subject is the discovery history of the Pipeline gold deposit near Battle Mountain, Nevada. When the mining company was looking for a good route to build a water pipeline to the nearby Cortez gold deposit, they carried out condemnation drilling along the proposed pipeline route, and discovered a 5 million ounce gold deposit. Needless to say, they were happy to choose a new route, and they named the new discovery Pipeline.

This claim is like Hemlo,which is described below..The mining and milling is very much like Brian described in earlier releases..

Noranda permitted and built the Golden Giant mine on HEMLO in less than two years. With its first pour in April, 1985, the Golden Giant was the first mine in the camp to ship.

Peak production occurred in the early 1990s, approaching 500,000 oz per year. During its 21-year life, the mine produced over 6 million ounces of gold.

The mine was designed as a 3000-dmtpd (dry metric tonne per day) operation. With the Block 5 expansion, the mine shaft reached a depth of more than 5000 feet.

The mill was a conventional leach-CIP circuit. The ore was crushed to 3/8" with standard- and short-head cone crushers. The crushed material was fed to one of two grinding circuits (A-circuit = 3 ball mills, B-circuit = single ball mill). A-circuit was one of the first in the world to include the fully automated Knelson (gravity) concentrator. A second unit was added to the B-Circuit around the year 2000. Concentrate from the Knelsons was upgraded with a shaking table. That unit was replaced with the first Acacia concentrator installed in North America.

After grinding, the ore was fed to the leach circuit where the gold was dissolved. Dissolved gold was recovered in the carbon-in-pulp circuit. Once or twice per week the carbon was treated in a 15-tonne pressure Zadra strip process. Gold was recovered from the pregnant solution on stainless steel wool cathodes in the refinery.

From 1996 onward, much of the tailings were returned to the mine as paste-fill backfill.

[edit] Current Operation

The mine ceased operation in 2005, and closed permanently in 2006. Remnant Sales ended in the second quarter of 2007. Reclamation of the site is underway. In October 2008, Richard Hughes, former Noranda executive and founder of the Hemlo deposit and current CEO of Abitibi Mining Corporation (ABB: TSXV), announced that Abitibi Mining is currently exploring a second bedded gold Hemlo-style deposit in the region. [1] [2]

Hemlo is just up the street from us ..Magino is the same type of structure and geology..

Pitter -patter...lets get at 'er..!!!

Ripple time..

Portee

New Message
Please login to post a reply