TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free

I notice that at the end of today's press release, in reference to this year's full feasibility, there is no longer any reference to the first half of the year:

"A full feasibility study for the proposed open pit mining project at Magino is scheduled for completion in 2012."

That doesn't surprise me, because of this statement from Brian, also in today's release:

Brian J. Maher, President and CEO of Prodigy Gold Inc. commented "Drilling in the main Magino gold deposit continues to demonstrate the potential to increase the total gold resource. These results, including the confirmation of a southwest extension to the Magino deposit, clearly indicate that the ultimate size of the deposit has yet to be determined. While we continue to grow the gold resource at Magino, we will revise pit optimization studies and evaluate possible expansion of the proposed open pit mining operation. Defining the full scale of the mining operation at Magino is a key step in completing a feasibility study for the project during 2012".

In other words, if we knew the full extent of the resource, the feasibility study could be completed sooner, rather than later. However, since this deposit is bigger than planned, and since we don't know HOW much bigger, we can't complete a feasibility until we do.

My take on this is that there will be a lot of drilling in the Southwest extension area in an effort to determine if it's worth enlarging the pit in that direction. That will take up the first half of this year, so the full feasibility cannot be completed until after that determination is made.

My response to that is BRAVO - drill baby, drill! A full feasibility study for sure will increase our share value, but moreso will an enlarged resource, with a longer mine life and an increase in return on capital.

New Message
Please login to post a reply