TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free

Jan 24, 2012 08:55PM
Jan 24, 2012 10:04PM

Jan 24, 2012 10:48PM
Jan 24, 2012 11:08PM

Gan..

Agree..

As part of the pay package those options have to become shares...And that happens IF the employee puts out the money to turn those options into shares..Meanwhile the Option Shares are held in escrow by the company...

The employee ,once the options come due..maybe 6 months to a year down the line,comes up with the strike price..usually market price on the day the options were issued ,can then cash in the shares ,sell or keep them..They still have to pay capital gains between the strike price and the sell price..when ever that is..even if it is 10 years down the line..On the other hand there is a date on those options and if they are not exercised by the optionee ..they expire...gone..adios..!!

So options have a lone way to go before they become shares...

Don't get so upset,.,,..

If it makes you feel better..pray every morning before the market opens that the optionee does not exercise those options..and they expire on the expiry date..

That will I'm sure make you feel so much better..

Actually ..worrying about it really helps too..makes your hair grey...gets you all wrinkly with more worry lines that a worried prune..and gives you high blood pressure and all kinds of nasty stuff...Then you would have a lot more stuff to worry about than a hand full of options..

OR ......YOU COULD HAVE A RIPPLE OR THREE and chill out..(my advise..)

And have a great day..trading starts in an hour and a half..

Portee

New Message
Please login to post a reply