TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free

Hi Everyone,

In the March 9, 2012 Resource World Newsletter, there is an update re: AuRico Gold (AUQ) which is close to production from it's open pit mine near Kirkland Lake, Ont. (See story below). Here's hoping PDG share price will be in the range AUQ (March 9/12) presently is, as PDG nears open pit production.

Low 9.240 Day High 9.600

Intermediate producer AuRico Gold has issued a status update on development at the Young-Davidson Mine project near Kirkland Lake, Ontario. The construction phase is nearing completion after 18 months, and plant equipment testing and commissioning is underway. It is estimated that the mill equipment installation is now 97% complete. The company has been actively mining in the open-pit portion of the operation, stripping overburden and stockpiling the first tonnage of ore to run through the plant when the production phase commences. Approximately 380,000 tonnes of ore has been stockpiled. In addition, hydroelectric power is now in place, and the water resources necessary to operate the mine are stored and ready to access. The Young-Davidson Mine, employing more than 900 workers, is expected to be a robustly profitable operation with gold reserves and resources in all categories estimated at more than 6 million ounces. The first gold production is expected to commence within weeks.

New Message
Please login to post a reply