Welcome To The Questerre Energy HUB On AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free

Re: More Forest News

posted on Feb 12, 2009 06:58AM

How could the argument be getting old? It's making a point. I've been with this company for 3 years and didn't see a single share sold because the stock didn't really perform and the fact it did and wasn't jumped on shows some faith in management. Pull up the records of those other jrs in the play for around last summer and see how many shares management teams dumped. Sure you could take the argument for it being smart, but from an investor point of view, it show no confidence when you see management dumping shares like there's no tomorrow.

I didn't say buy because of Sprott, I used them as saying that for a company holding probably in the $2 average range, why would they even consider selling for these prices if an offer was given...they would make what a tiny profit when they're clearly in it for the long run. If you watched them on BNN, they said to buy these stocks in a basket...a little bit of each, so whether they are short or not on others, I haven't heard anything...could be. We were talking about takeovers, so lets talk about that. How many ppl are sitting, with the kind of turnover we've had the last year that bought at $0.50, or even a $1.00 who hasn't sold?...Majority of shares bought that low last year were institutions, and we all saw how many of them got out as others got in, but around these prices. I'm sure we have ppl holding that low, but enough to push a vote to accept a takeover bid before we've seen the play play out, highly doubt it.

You said you were long, so what does it matter if results are out today or a couple months from now? I don't think you're going to see any offers until the play has a lot more wells drilled and is close to proving...and if you did see an offer early right now, you could clearly interpret that as the play being commercial. Oil and gas ompanies don't buy land and rocks for hundred of millions of dollars for no reason...that doesn't make sense.

Everyone's waiting just like you, but I think management has done enough with going to presentations, raising money (getting a couple big jv's in the past along with this land)...they aren't the operator so they're at the mercy of them. Even when they do release an update, everyone gets angry when it isn't flow rates. So if they don't have them, what do you expect them to do...call forest and beg? Lot of ppl aren't giving them credit, but I think have done all they can and now they have to wait like everyone else. Raising money was probably the most important thing they did in the past year. You'll see when all these other jrs start to drill with their partner or alone and when it comes time to pay up, they'll be wondering what to do when they can't come up with the money, and banks are highly doubtful to lend to them.

New Message
Please login to post a reply