Welcome To The Questerre Energy HUB On AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free
Jun 25, 2009 10:06AM

Welcome to the forum Aureus!

I think everyone needs to remember, that when you're talking about the TBR and even the Lorraine and other zones, these are all just a bonus on top of the Utica. Producing from the Utica is the main target...the rest of the zones, if they can be put on production as well, will only add to the value...but if they do, will add GREATLY to the value of the play.

At the moment, I'm only concerned with the Utica intervals...and we seem to be getting some fantastic results thus far. But if we can find the right techniques to expose the other layers as well, then it will be that much better in the long run for the company. Then you'll have flows from multiples layers from the wells, adding to the rates and production.

That's just my two cents.

In regards to the TBR...this is the Trenton Black River formation. I believe this is actually an oil play...it's much deeper, the furthest down from the Utica. Talisman originally drilled the Gentilly #1 to the TBR, getting rates of 4.5mmcf/d, which then fell to around 500mcf/d. The well was then shut in. The rates are given in mmcf/d, but that can be changed to bbls/d. Now don't quote me on any of this, but I'm fairly sure it's oil production. Note that, you can have both oil and gas flow from a well. So Talisman only went into testing the shale AFTER the Forest results came out to see what they would get...and as we all saw, we got great rates.

Anywho, I'm off to bed. Hopefully someone got something out of that lol

Cheers,

Rocco:)

New Message
Please login to post a reply