Welcome To The Questerre Energy HUB On AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free

Great posts. In regards to what you said, you also have to look at the market of where this gas is going. The BC gas is a long way from Quebec, the market for that gas is mainly the western provinces and I'm sure the states as well. The lowlands project is very important to the province of Quebec specifically. They pay more than they'd like for their gas that comes from the west or the New York states. That's why we're seeing government incentives like low royalties and now this tax free idea. And I definantely see more as the years go on in order to help get the project underway. The Quebec government would love to see that gas field developed asap...it'll bring in revenue for them, cheaper to buy and not to mention having a supply of gas for the province alone that would last decades.

And some people question are all these new finds good for the price. Well at some point, gas will get low enough that many of these producing fields just will not become economic at all. That would cause a rise in prices when they start to shut in...but at the same time, majors will turn to projects that offer the best netbacks and cheapest places to drill...ie Quebec. People underestimate how important that infrastructure already in place and even more importantly is the proximity to big markets. The closer the better. The gas here will feed to Quebec, Ontario and the upper North East states, all with big populations.

Anywho, my two cents:)).

Hope everyone is well!

Rocco:)

New Message
Please login to post a reply