Welcome To The Questerre Energy HUB On AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free

Those are very very good news, in my modest opinion!!

Just read them!! (Part 1):

" (...) The stabilized flow rate from the St. Edouard #1 well was another valuable data point supporting our

assessment of the Utica shale rock properties. A successful frac in the middle Utica yielded a test rate

of 700 mcf/d in line with the four other vertical well tests from this interval. With consistent results

spanning a distance of over a hundred kilometres, the partnership began a pilot program of multi-stage

frac’d horizontal wells to primarily evaluate the commercial parameters.

The completion of the rock properties investigation provided us with the extensive technical data essential

for a thorough assessment of the scale of the resource. We engaged Netherland, Sewell & Associates, Inc.,

a well-respected engineering firm to validate our internal assessment. Their experience with more

established shale plays was a key factor in selecting them to improve our insight into the Utica.

The use of modern data, particularly core, frac results and temperature and pressure gradients from the new

wells resulted in an updated estimate of original gas in place to 150 Bcf per square mile as compared to

early industry estimates of 93 Bcf per square mile. Technically recoverable resources for our deep fairway

acreage are estimated at 4.28 Tcf to our interest. This implies a recovery factor of approximately 11% of the

gas in place, based primarily on comparison to the Barnett shale. We anticipate the actual recovery factor

will be proven to be higher over time with actual results.

2 0 0 9

Q 3

I N T E R I M R E P O R T

Q U E S T E R R E E N E R G Y

C O R P O R A T I O N

We spud the first horizontal well in this program on the same pad as the vertical St. Edouard #1 well at

the end of the quarter. The operator is presently drilling the horizontal section programmed to be

approximately 800 m – 1000 m in length. We are in a highly over-pressured area which should assist

with cleanup and recovery.

Along with our shareholders, we are very excited about the potential results from this single well. It is the

first horizontal targeting the middle Utica. We are, however, mindful of the variability that is an integral part

of shale gas and remain focused on the average well result from the entire pilot program. Using

Southwestern Energy’s development of the Fayetteville shale as a benchmark, our internal expectations are

for average stabilized flow rates of 1.5 mmcf/d to 2.5 mmcf/d from these pilot horizontals. (...)"

New Message
Please login to post a reply