Welcome To The Questerre Energy HUB On AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free
Message: Shale Gas Potential of the Quebec Sedimentary Basins

Hi, Rocket:

Let me explain:

I do think that the plans for Gentilly are exactly according to the usual learning curve for fracc'ing. I do not think there is an unusual delay; but I was told by Anela Dido that the drilling on Gentilly will not proceed immediately.

One of the posters on another board speculated that there would not be an immediate frac on the recently drilled Gentilly well, unlike the St. David well which went directly to fracc'iing. He said that IR at QEC had told him that, and then speculated that "something had gone wrong" with the drilling.

I found this speculation offensive and went to IR myself to check on the time line for the Gentilly frac. I then posted the IR response on the agora board. Clearly, according to Miss Dido, QEC is not proceeding immediately with a frac on the Gentilly well, because they need to learn more about the recently completed 8 stage horizontal frac, so that they can design the Gentilly frac appropriately.

In addition, the frac equipment has been moved back west until after the ice break-up in Quebec. These were Miss Dido's words which I quoted in my previous posting.

New Message
Please login to post a reply