Welcome To The Questerre Energy HUB On AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free
Message: Re: February 23, 2010 - Utica well tests at 12 MMcf/d

Hi, and congrat to all you longers. This IS WOW-fantastic, a boost into spring/summertime:)

I have gathered some post from the norway forum:

Pareto:
•QEC – QEC announced encouraging well results this morning, with a stabilized flow rate of 5 mmcf/day, well above guidance of 1.5-2 mmcf/day and our 2.0-2.5 mmcf/day expectation. We increase our flow rate assumption from 2.5 mmfc/day to 3.5 mmcf/day and increase the probability of success factor on the Utica from 40% to 60% yielding a NOK 42/share increase in risked valuation. As more wells are needed to establish what the average flow rate will deliver in addition to more data points on the decline curve, we apply a discount to valuation. New target price NOK 60/share (up from 35).
and from the first "First Securities" analysis:

Using 6 mmcf/d as a long term average rate in our model (and assuming decline curve and other parameters unchanged) would give a (50% risked) Utica value per share of NOK 138. However, shales with high initial rates usually have sharper declines than what we have anticipated for the Utica. Furthermore, the announced results are for one well only and as shale gas wells have a high statistical variance, we would be cautious inferring too much from this single well.
-----------------------------------
This they write: "However, shales with high initial rates usually have sharper declines than what we have anticipated for the Utica".

Yes, we still have alot to learn. Now I can tell what I was thinking:) That maybe we would get 4 to 5mmcf, then I was thinking ok 3,5mmcf, because they have done much work, like trying to find the right entrypoint. It is exiting to find out if the UTICA is different, maybe we have better continuing rates, all these things.
This hole area between Montreal and Quebec is more economic to develop than the other deep sea area.
-------------
Right now we trade around 28=4.96, we have been at 29=5.13cdn.

Hope canada will take it above 5cdn, but this is infact a good feeling today:)

New Message
Please login to post a reply