Welcome To The Questerre Energy HUB On AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free

Before I forget, the new Dundee report released after the results say a downgrade...from $8...to oh no...$6.50 lol. It would have been great for everybody to read their report before the results, everything they pointed was spot on.

Anywho...we'll hear about Leclerville in Talisman Q3 hopefully and also from the other jr's that are drilling with Canbriam. I love it how some people think next spring is far out, when peak production with this probably won't be for another 7 years lol. If people's idea of long term is one year in this play, I think you should reconsider.

Actually a low gas price isn't bad for QEC, it'd be beneficial as companies get premium to nymex and would actually be able to turn a profit. BC requires really high prices to break even, as does Texas.

Enviornmental issues will always be present, but the company is taking those head on and tackling them. If you do enough research, you'll know that a properly done frac with the right cement casing etc, should never have any contamination. Doesn't make sense that a few incompetent companies and poor work should spoil it for everyone. There have been hundreds of thousands of wells drilled, and the contamination reports coming out of the states represent a drop in the bucket. I can't think of one industry with a perfect record. Not saying it is ok, but people need to do their own research as to what happened with those wells and clearly we know that they could be prevented if done right.

Seems from what I hear, Quebecors going to these meetings are just their to hate on it. Well kind of makes it tough for boards and companies to try and explain it to them if nobody really cares. Even if a report comes out to say that their is no connection between contamination and fracing, people their still wouldn't care. I understand that to a certain degree as they are worried, but they have to meet half way. A report came out in Pennsylvania about how they found no relation...yet the enviornmentalists will still be against it.

Bottom line, this resource is huge for the province and if you can't see that you're delusional. Alberta is exploiting it's oil sands...many enviormental concerns over that too and still go on, but they are still going hard bringing in that oil. Tens of thousands of jobs for Albertans and people from all over Canada, huge revenue to the province...house prices in Alberta basically tripled.

QEC's results were solid in that middle Utica. No reserve cals were based on including the lower utica...it didn't produce, who cares. Maybe on day, but if it doesn't no big deal. Dundee basically said 250mcf/d per frac, and they were pretty much dead on. QEC even said that 2mmcf/d was based on 1000m horizontal with 8 fracs, which comes out to 250mcf/d per frac...results are in line. What I love the most is that after a month, the decline is barely noticable. St. Ed rock properties give huge rates, with higher decline. This side gives lower rates with a lot flatter decline...pretty solid for both!

This play is in its infancy. This well wasn't to get a 10mmcf/d well. If all TLM cared about was pumping out huge results without caring about learning the play or minimizing costs...then that'd show me a lack of caring. They are learning this play really well by doing tests on all the rock, and recently even saying reducing costs by going until next year doesn't upset me. These test wells are really expensive. If you remember back in the day, Binnion said how it was literally impossible to get any money from TLM if they didn't believe in a play. Shows that the company is very tight with money, so if that means saving a few million in a few months, they'll take it.

I'm glad to see these hearings starting today though, it will help get the process of education underway.

Well that's the Rocco Rant of the day lol.

Stay cool people.

New Message
Please login to post a reply