Welcome To The Questerre Energy HUB On AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free

Yes, Gridiron, it could look like U.S have paved and stil do play a role here:

EU ready to energy level to 1000 billion € = 7,500 billion DKK

A sneak peak at the European Commission's Strategic Plan indicates that EU countries face investments of 7,500 billion dollars in infrastructure and energy technologies for the EU to live up to the energy and climate goals for 2020. Among other things, building a new European gas network.

http://ing.dk/artikel/113744-eu-klar-med-energiplan-til-7500-milliarder-kroner

Sometime back, I dont remember if this was one or two years ago the last time we had the fight with russia about Ukraine and Georgia(the Georgean path). You know they cut off the supply from Ukraine to the EU. I think Gazprom got access to the american market, think close south to California, but it is only a very small % they got. This passage is very important to the U.S. also. The caspian see. Think you know. And, well, I missed the HNU fond at 3$ buy friday and monday:( I did see the buttom last week, but missed it. Would have sold again at 6.55$(close 6.58)

Now I'll wait, cause Henry Hub future is at 4.37$ Very dangerous with the HNU this. It has to pass(the HUB) 4.42$ and stay above to indicate the possibillity to go to 5,30-50$ and 6-6.50$ (these robbers could get alot of money from you), but the canadian I believe could stay above 6 cdn, cause it closed at 6.87 and they have priced in if the trend is that NG is asked for more now and stays up above the low from last week?

This HNUZD, I dont know. It closed at 6.64$ and this is below yesterdays closing at 6.70$, but high was 7.05 here. Really not for this forum, but I just want to tell: be aware/take care. To buy one of these, then the canadian HNU, if you think the NG-price will stay above 4$ from now on.

--------------

This, I would have posted ealier, cause this guy works with the EU climat board and they had to come with something soon (and they have, like I posted above. Just like you to look this. I know DK is only a small/little country: It's from nov. 2009:

Danish Expert: We can safely increase our dependence on natural gas:

We must stop believing that increased natural gas consumption is equal to the increased reliance on the Russians. It is utter nonsense, and when many of us think it is such because the brainwashing from the EU Commission and the media.

Former senior adviser to the EU, Jorgen Henningsen, are unexpectedly sharp in the otherwise friendly voice when he will describe the distinct misunderstanding in Europe, which he believes is the main reason why we can not see the potential of natural gas to replace oil in a transitional period until the fossil fuels are out:

'Europe is a logistical paradise with the possibility of gas supplies from Norway, Russia, North Africa, Caucasus and liquefied petroleum gas from distant parts of the world. And then you remember that Russians are just as interested in being able to sell gas to us, as we are buying from them, "he says.

According to Jorgen Henningsen has identified large natural gas reserves around the world and widespread agreement that reserves are undervalued - unlike oil reserves. Them there are in turn very much in doubt and, according to Henningsen is a tight supply situation not many years into the future, if and when oil consumption begins to grow again.

"The world consumes 30 billion barrels of oil a year, but we have for many years found only 10 billion new barrels of oil annually, so it can not keep going," he said.

That there is plenty of natural gas is also the conclusion of the International Energy Agency's latest assessment of world energy situation, which was unveiled last week. The Agency notes especially that the emergence of alternative sources of gas as shalegas U.S. promises more gas reserves. Meanwhile, these sources, however, given unrest and low prices for natural gas market.

"With the current low natural gas prices should we in Denmark buy gas on the market and stop the export of our own natural gas in the North Sea - both for the Danish economy and the supply situation in 20 years," said Jorgen Henningsen.
Not Mr. Who-who-preferably

It is not Mr Who-as-anything, that fuels natural gas in this way. Jorgen Henningsen, a member of the Danish Government's Climate Commission, which until September 2010 to come up with a plan for how Denmark can be made to do without fossil fuels. And there is no doubt that he who speaks warmly of natural gas:

"I think it is natural to use natural gas in transport instead of diesel fuel for trucks and vans. Lorries should not mind so often, so the infrastructure is simple to establish, and many places in Europe there are already allowed to refuel gas, "he says.

He believes that the required conversion of truck fuel tanks can easily be financed by the lower fuel price for natural gas - about half the price of diesel oil. And then you should not forget that CO2 emissions from gas-powered trucks is reduced by 20-25 percent compared to diesel. However, you become the engine for technical reasons had to mix a little bit of diesel fuel in natural gas.

But why even this interim solution? Why we do not go directly after the electric vehicles and biofuels?

"I can not see how anyone can manage to get introduced electric cars as fast as, for example, Dong Energy's CEO Anders Eldrup claim it, namely 400,000 electric vehicles in 2020. And so rhyme freight over long distances on limited ranges of electric car technology contend with so far, "said Jorgen Henningsen, referring to the IEA, which in their most climate friendly scenario looks first seven percent electric cars by 2030.
The second generation is too expensive.

Henningsen do not believe that the second generation biofuels will be able to contribute in the medium term because they are much more expensive than natural gas and perhaps only marginally better on CO2 emissions.

However he agrees with, among other energy researchers from Aalborg University in that when it comes to home heating, you may as well immediately divert the oilheaters to renewable energy through individual heat pumps in sparsely populated areas or district heating systems with heat pumps in cities.

"I think obviously that Danish politicians must decide that we will rely on natural gas to parts of the transport and then get on with the necessary regulatory work to ensure that it happens," said Jorgen Henningsen

New Message
Please login to post a reply