Welcome To The Questerre Energy HUB On AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free

This sounds good. He has worked in the unconventional field in Austalia and this coal bed methane research+Consultant. We have been strengthened. He must be a good card! In negotiations with environmentalists and to explain about our operations to the people. And ofcause, he must be good for the development of our plays.

Canuck44, you kept your word, good thing and I hope people wont trust this paper.

Foghorn posted a link to a site for landowners. I would like to post an artickle from it:

It says: "270 Natural Gas Drilling Accidents in past 30 years", but it turns out that it is wrong and misleading information:

The whole natural gas and oil leasing and production issue is confusing enough wihout being fed mis-information by those who we trust to report the facts about the news that affects our daily lives.

The above headline and the information it contained was rightly challenged by Pete Grannis in a letter to William Parment.

This type of newspaper reporting is unconscionable in that it blatantly mis-represents the facts about natural gas drilling in New York State and strongly suggests that the author prefers to incite public fear rather than present factual information.

Contrary to the headline only 10 of the 270 incidents occurred during the drilling process. 7 at gas well sites, 2 at the same oil well and one at a salt mine.

Since 1979 10,400 wells have been drilled... of the nine involving gas and oil, one involved gas migration and home evacuation. One reported as an explosion and a second was a fuel tank hit by lightning.

44 occurred at gas well sites after drilling and stimulation were completed.

106 were at oil wells (numbering nearly 14,000) and none involved explosions, water well contamination or evacuations.

Over the 30 years, the article states 270 accidents but actually only 51 were reported, 7 during drilling and 44 occurred at the site.

The remaining number of accidents were not drilling related. 53 were lightning strikes, vehicle accidents, ice control on roadways, transmission line leaks, etc... 40 of the 270 were at abandoned well sites. 17 were brine tank leaks or overflows.

Over 30 years the percentage is .0001% drilling to accidents.

-----------------------------------------

It is a pity, because I'd like to believe that we all want a world that is as non-toxic as possible, but, well, politics:)

New Message
Please login to post a reply