...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

I think this Orphan Disease announcement is very interesting from the standpoint that it could potentially seriously threaten Alexion's cash flow down the road. I don't have the first clue as to how long the drug development time is for this type of drug or for that matter how long a ph2 trial would take (perhaps BFW or BDAZ could shed some light here?). It would however, be very interesting to know how long it will take to see if RVX-208 might compete with Soliris. I wonder if this is on Alexion's radar and how they might react if/when they veiw RVX-208 as a serious threat. Alexion's current 36b market cap could easily be leveraged to take a compelling run at both Resverlogix and Zenith. Taking out a competitive threat and at the same time enriching Alexion's IP wealth and potential product pipeline might be a good strategy for them. Could also be very good for our shareholders.

Further to San Frans point regarding the murkiness of RVX/Zenith IP it seems that as RVX learns more about exactly what they have they are having to redefine who owns what IP. In hindsight it might suggest it was premature from an IP perspective to separate the two companies. Additionally, as I mentioned before, I think the cloudiness probably acts as drag on the share price now in a small way. I think this drag will be magnified if RVX gets a NASDAQ listing and following by serious analysts. Any area of confusion or greyness would certainly give pause to investors such as fund managers.

New Message
Please login to post a reply