...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

Over on stocktwits an investor shared an email he sent to the company with me and the response Here is the email this individual sent the company. 

I understand that Resverlogix has done extensive research and development on apabetalone which is about to complete Phase 3 clinical trial BETonMACE. I recently discovered that Pfizer has submitted a patent application in Europe for apabetalone. Resverlogix' response to the patent application was, instead of indicating it would challenge the patent request, the company’s president and chief executive officer, Donald McCaffrey, said that “we welcome the attention drawn to Resverlogix and apabetalone from significant industry groups such as Nature Reviews Nephrology and Pfizer.” My question is why, after all the R&D and millions of dollars that Resverlogix has put in to apabetalone, would they allow Pfizer be to reap the benefits if the patent is granted? As a Resverlogix investor, please help me to understand the benefits. 

And here is the company's response:

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I believe you have misread the news release dated May 23, 2017.

As per the news release: The Pfizer patent application was filed for the purpose of protecting their invention of using BET-family bromodomain inhibitors as a method of increasing frataxin in the treatment of patients with Friedreich's ataxia.  

They simply had referenced apabetalone as a BET inhibitor, among others, that may be an effective agent against the disease; they did not patent apabetalone as they do not own the compound. They did, however, patent their method of increasing frataxin.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards,

Investor Relations

New Message
Please login to post a reply