...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

Sidebar wrote: "Does any one know if Lipitor was used in the Australia Phase IIb study. I do not recall."

SanFrancisco99 wrote: "I think he’s thinking of the short study in Australia regards blood sugar, diabetes..."

SanFran, I think you are right. Sidebar must be talking about the small (20 patients) and short (~ 1 month) trial titled "The Effects of RVX000222 on Glucose Metabolism in Individuals With Pre-diabetes" and published here. From the ClinicalTrials.gov listing, it sounds like none of these patients were on statins. Patients were requried to have "No current use or need for prescription or over-the-counter medication" and there is no indication of co-treatement with any statin.

Sidebar wrote: "After the six month study, the results were off the chart. We were all waiting for the same result."

Not really sure what Sidebar is talking about here. However, I did a summary of the apabetalone synergy with rosuvastatin in this post recently. One paragraph to highlight:

"With the knowledge of the rosuvastatin synergy, it could be that the rosuvastatin/apabetalone group had %RRR MACE benefit much greater than the combined statin group due to a more modest benefit in the atorvastatin/apabetalone group. The rosuvastatin vs. atorvastatin synergy was only reported for plaque reduction (see news release and patent). But importantly, plaque reduction is only one of several cardioprotective mechanisms of apabetalone! So there are many other beneficial pathways/mechanisms of action by which apabetalone works well regardless of statin type. The plaque reduction is likely most relevant to the reverse cholesterol transport mechanism. But recall there's also benefit in vascular inflammation, vascular calcification, coagulation, complement, acute phase response, and glucose metabolism. Just keep in mind there is no evidence that apabetalone depends on rosuvastatin for these other mechanisms....only evidence for the plaque reduction. And if you scroll down towards the end of the patent, you will see a figure that splits the Phase 2 post-hoc MACE reduction by statin type and you can still see MACE benefit in those treated with atorvastatin."

Sidebar also wrote: "It appears combining Lipitor with RVX is detrimental to our health."

I have no idea where Sidebar is getting this information. Apabetalone working better with rosuvastatin (Crestor) compared to atorvastatin (Lipitor) IS NOT the same as apabetalone plus Lipitor causing harm. I caution everyone to take Sidebar's statement with a big grain of salt. I am unaware of any evidence to back up Sidebar's statement.

BearDownAZ

New Message
Please login to post a reply