...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

icon, it's because the 2 std devs is as arbitrary as the 95% confidence level. Fact is 5% risk or 1/20 chance by random event having been accepted for many, many years in medical, social sciences, engineering (don't want bridges to fall on you), etc. aviation is worth exploring in this regard as a systems like 6 sigma.

Even a 1 in 20 chance that an experiment drew the wrong conclusion is scary when it comes to drug approval. It's far too complex for me to understand but I think of a drug approved at p<0.05 and then think about all of the genetic and disease variations within a patient population. In my opinion the standard should be p<0.01 but that is also arbitrary.

It's the accepted standard...water under the bridge.

Hope the FDA, EUDA or some other DA find some redeeming value in these trial results. 

This science will carry on. No doubt in my little mind that epigenetics will be huge in the future. RVX may be on the leading edge but the journey will not be short or easy. Time to put someone in between Don and the scientists because for Don to be duped this badly by his team does not bode well for the future. Let Don continue to raise $ but put someone in there that can't let the science guys BS expectations.

Or, more importantly, time to give up "the big dream" in terms of this little company and give it to the big players who can get things done.

Congrats to those that have carried this torch through 20 years but now it's time to face reality and turn it over. Actually, I wish I was one of the scientists working on these problems. It would be a very exciting career. But remember, none of these scientists have any $ skin in the game other than their scientific pride, which I believe means far more than $ to them..

Anyway, my hope is to wake up tomorrow refreshed and reading good scientific critical thinking about these results when I am in a more objective mood.

Thanks to all of the posters who have dug in to find a positive twist on this story!

Cheers

Toinv

New Message
Please login to post a reply