...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

"So similar to the MACE data, it appears that the benefit of apabetalone on HbA1c and eGFR is amplified in the presence of SGLT2 inhibitors. 

Very exciting stuff."

BDAZ, Thank you for putting it in statistically significant more eloquent terms.

In my first post I raised the issue of Novo Nordisk embarking on some new trials.  Specifically they are using their GLP1 receptor agonist (Semaglutide) to go after Alzheimers Disease.  Citing evidence from a number of sources , including numerous large cardiovascular trials that a once daily dose of their GLP1-RA can affect the onset of AD within the T2D population.  Also tucked into this https://twitter.com/DanielJDrucker/status/1339245819866779649 is the trial I referred to earlier that is looking at a dose escalation trial of Semaglutide with the endpoint being "change in HbA1c from baseline to week 52".

So, I'm wondering if Apabetalone can have a profound effect on folks with T2D and recent Acute Coronary Syndrome who are taking SGLT2i, and demonstrate a reduction in eGFR AND HbA1c (similar to, or better than Semaglutide), then maybe Apabetalone has a shot at affecting positive outcomes in an Alzheimers Disease trial too.  Now there's an additional market!!! (as has been pointed out on this board many times before).  However, the Novo Nordisk trial is expected to take a couple of years

New Message
Please login to post a reply