...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free
Message: A Question for all here, the frustrated people, the P.O people, the content people & the koolaid people.....
Tada, look at the two dates. If you want more, let me know! Don was completely incompetent if he didn't know what was coming! Don't buy all of the petty excuses you hear through the Calgary pipeline! We are getting very tired of the status quo!

You don't make statements like that if you can't deliver, but then again, this wasn't the first time, was it?

(Sorry for the format)

CDC director predicts this fall and winter will be 'one of the most difficult times we've experienced in American public health'

Aria Bendix

Jul 15, 2020, 12:37 AM

I do think the fall and the winter of 2020 and 2021 are going to be probably one of the most difficult times that we've experienced in American public health," Redfield said during a webinar with the Journal of the American Medical Association.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cdc-director-robert-redfield-deadly-coronavirus-surge-fall-winter-2020-7

August 14, 2020

What the coronavirus pandemic will look like in 2021—and beyond

Daily Briefing

All of those mitigation efforts will be especially important as countries enter their winter seasons. "Things get a bit more dangerous" in the winter months, Bhatt said.

Experts predict that areas seeing colder temperatures during the second half of this year will also see increases in their rates of new coronavirus cases.

“I expect [the coronavirus] infection rate, and also potentially disease outcome, to be worse in the winter," Akiko Iwasaki, an immunobiologist at the Yale School of Medicine, said.

That's because cold temperatures tend to drive people indoors, where transmission of the virus is more likely, according to Richard Neher, a computational biologist at the University of Basel in Switzerland.

In addition, Iwasaki explained that research suggests dry winter air can improve the stability and transmissibility of respiratory viruses like the novel coronavirus, and immune defense within the respiratory tract could be weakened by dry air.

https://www.advisory.com/en/daily-briefing/2020/08/14/covid-future

New Message
Please login to post a reply