Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM

San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new exploration companies and gold producers.

Free
"

I'm surprised at the volume of sellers today at $1.34 only to buy again using the warrants and $1.25. "

what? where did you see sellers today that said they were trading in their warrants for shares? Is there some warrant redemption figure that was posted somewhere that I missed? Or are you just making an assumption tha the increased volume was due to shares being sold so that they could exercise their warrants?

Don't get me wrong. I think wexactly the same as you. I am a warrant holders and a shareholder. Why would I sell my shares and repurchase with the warrants for a mere 8 cents when I could just continue to hold my shares and warants for another year waiting for the share price to increase. I control shares by holding the warrants and it costs me nothing (except the opportunity cost of 8 cents).

If I cash in my warrants now, I either need a quick 8 cents profit or I don't believe that the company can make a profit off of 2.4 ounces of gold per tonne or I believe the company is fraudulently claiming these sorts of drill results (Bre-X?).

The first reason is the only logicial line of reasoning that I can see but the reasoning should only apply for a very limited number of people.

Or is it possible that someone is just trying to generate a lot of volume so that thes terrific drill results show up on more peoples' / institutions' radar screen and that the stock gets a lot more attention (like it deserves), hopefully causing the share price to rise considerably.

JFF7

May 21, 2008 10:05PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply