Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM

San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new exploration companies and gold producers.

Free

.....Just Curious...Not A Rumour

posted on Feb 09, 2009 11:49AM

...since i lost my Hub Leader Status i can't seem to transfer or copy and paste like before, anyway i was just wondering, since we have alot of expertise on this board what others thought of some of the recent mining problems , if their are in fact mining problems, as i recall when ore bodies gave way, that screening was applied or a safety inspection with the ministry had to be done. I was thinking that we could be on to a geololgical change in the ore body down here as if the ground is to soft to support a 140 expansion,

Longhole – This method is used where the ore zone is wide and dips fairly steeply. It was the

method used at the SG-1 mine, but it is not selective, and when the entire quartz vein must

be taken and the country rock is heavily sheared, there can be signifi cant dilution, which happened

at SG#1, where the grade dropped to about 0.08 oz/ton before it was shut down. In

the lower area of the Rice Lake Mine, we looked at the 4605-96E a LH stope where the HW

collapsed, fortunately after most of the broken ore had been removed. Although the 96 vein

has been reasonable stable at higher levels, this stope had been opened over a length of 140’

which was probably too great a span. The photo below shows the HW slabs at the brow of the

stope. Lessons learned here will be applied in future stopes to reduce the hydraulic radius on

the HW by leaving pillars, preferably in lower grade ore....so thinking out loud here what do others think about a change in the ore body to resembe this

New Message
Please login to post a reply