Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM

San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new exploration companies and gold producers.

Free

Drilling near Wingold location

posted on Jul 29, 2009 11:39PM

I was at Bissett today and had an opportunity to tour around SGR a bit again. Not too much change from previous visits, but was able to visit the portal to the hinge zone. I will post a photo of that in the photo section. I found out that, during the downtime when the hoist motors were being replaced, some work was done underground on starting the access ramp to the Cartwright zone (it goes to the left off the main decline that goes down to the hinge zone).

I also located the old Wingold mine location, which is a bit northeast from the hinge area. I will post a photo of that as well -- the old mine is closed up, but I found a concrete pad and an old piece of rail sticking up out of the rubble there.

While trying to locate the old Wingold mine, I came across a couple of drill shacks and core drillers just a little further NE from the Wingold mine (estimate about 250 metres away). To locate these points, if you go to the SGR website and select page four of the July 14th news item, ( http://sangoldcorp.com/assets/files/090714_BulkSample.pdf ), you will see exactly where this was.

Like Hotmuck mentioned last week, they have a security guard at the entrance to the mine site now - I had to sign in to proceed.

Things are moving along steadily. I didn't find out anything else of significance that has not already been posted or discussed.

NL

New Message
Please login to post a reply