Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM

San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new exploration companies and gold producers.

Free

Good stuff Traps...got me looking at them maps again.

This from Red Lake...we read about alteration/high temps being significant factors...this Red Lake item below points to the part maybe played by the pluton.....a pluton moving into a greenstone belt.......are we best near the pluton?......san gold/cougar/golden pocket area...and on the east side....recently I think san gold found new areas of intense alteration..whilst they have this axis thing going, gold remobilization from plutonic heat and stress also sounds a cracker, and they've only recently found such a high grade pocket.

The Goldcorp High-Grade zone at the Red Lake mine has reserves (proven and probable) established at 1.775 million tons (Mt) at an average grade of 80.6 g/t Au. New U-Pb geochronologic data combined with detailed mapping and crosscutting relationships provide timing constraints and new insights into the formation of the exceptionally rich Goldcorp High-Grade zone. The results show that the main stage of the high-grade mineralization in the High-Grade zone formed before 2712 Ma and that a second stage of gold mineralization, much smaller in terms of total gold content but spectacular in terms of grade, formed after 2702 Ma. This second stage is attributed to gold remobilization caused by the enhanced thermal gradient and deformation associated with the emplacement of the Cat Island pluton (2699 Ma), approximately 7 km east of the deposit, or by the ca. 2.63 to 2.66 Ga postorogenic regional thermal event indicated by hornblende, muscovite, and biotite Ar-Ar cooling ages from the Uchi subprovince.

http://www.segweb.org/eg/papers/Abs99-8_files/01Dube.pdf

below - shaded relief magnetics again for ross river pluton and surrounding landscape. The eye looks special.

And from traps report

and then an old sgr magnetics pick east of bisset, where cougar is working below these sgr holdings, on the edge of the pluton.

beware - I know nothing about geology.

New Message
Please login to post a reply