Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM

San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new exploration companies and gold producers.

Free
Aug 27, 2010 08:41PM

"I believe they are doing the right thing, which is sacrifice some of the projected short term production numbers for the long term development and production outcome."

We had no short,med, or long term positive production potential prior to finding the hinge and 007.

"Cash cost per ounce at the Hinge was $685 ($645 USD) and $116 ($109 USD) per ton, cash cost at Rice Lake was $1,552 ($1,462 USD) per ounce and $283 ($267 USD) per ton. In total this meant the overall cash cost was $1,084 ($1,021 USD) per ounce and $190 ($179 USD) per ton – still developmental but materially improved over the same quarter last year of $280 ($264 USD) per ton and $2,833 ($2,669) per ounce cash costs."

Did I miss the memo on last years cost per oz to mine the SAM gold? This years, not that hot either. The previous production numbers and cash flow positive statements were predicated on production from the SAM unit which if I remember correctly were described by Embry as being too deep and narrow. Mentioned to management, their response was that Embry doesn't truely understand the geology of the SAM unit.

IR's new spin is "trust us". Really, that's all you got. Now that you have 80 million dollars you're trustworthy? Why is that? If I could correct Silver for a bit. No one thinks this company is worth $4. The paper cost the bankers $3.80, but is trading @ $4. Quick 5% turn on their money and they are gone. That's how the syndicate works. 5% /month on financing deals is 60% ROI/year. Not too bad for not having to hold any risk. And any paper they do hold has been traded so often that they have a zero cost base(which is how it should be). I will bet that the posters on this board have more @ risk with SGR than any of the "bankers" be it through belief in the company, inexperience, stupidity, speculation or a combination thereof.

So, OK, I'll bite. Let's "trust" them. Shawn told me that news will continue to flow starting the week of the16th on the 007 , Ruf apparently received a call last week that news was imminent(call received on the week of the 23). Unless I missed something they are not off to a very good start. How about a CONSISTENT message from the company, that all I ask. And about your comment:

"The fact they have decided to develop the new finds instead of concentrating on straight production has come to bite them in the ass because guys like you pounce on the old promises after the story significantly changes."

It would be fine if they had a plan and through implementation of this plan they "decided" to develop these "new finds". Prior to Bill finding these "new finds" they had NO PLAN . They project more of a perception of a drunk stumbling down a hallway and fortuitously turning on light switches in order to see where they are going. Until this changes I see no reason to stop holding their feet to the fire.

If you believe in your company why sell shares. That's directed at the BOD.

Without prejudice

New Message
Please login to post a reply